Summer is finally here, and what better way to celebrate than with a BBQ? While having a good stock of beer in your cooler is great, you also want to mix things up and take your BBQ to the next level with some refreshing cocktails! We’ve put together a list of our top 5 summer BBQ cocktails for you to enjoy with your delicious food and great company. They're filled with fresh, fruity flavours and require very little work, so you can enjoy the party alongside your guests. Also, the majority of these can be made in a big batch, so you’ll have plenty to share around!
Cocktails to Enjoy at Your Summer BBQ
A true taste of summer, serve this fruity punch with fresh mint leaves, cucumber, orange and strawberries. This delicious, refreshing alcohol drink is a fan favourite amongst many, especially at a summer BBQ. Not only does this offer delicious flavours, but it is also so easy to make and you can create a jug of it in minutes.
- 200ml Pimm's No. 1
- 600ml lemonade
- Mint sprigs, sliced cucumber, sliced orange and strawberries, to serve
- Fill a jug with ice and pour over the Pimm’s and lemonade. Give it a good stir then add the mint, cucumber and fruit.
A tropical blend of rich coconut cream, white rum and tangy pineapple to give you that summer feeling. This fruity rum-infused flavour is perfect for an afternoon out in the garden. It’s also quick to whip up a large batch in a blender, so you won’t have to be away from your afternoon party for long.
- 120ml pineapple juice
- 60ml white rum
- 60ml coconut cream
- Wedge of pineapple to garnish (optional)
- Pulse all the ingredients along with a handful of ice in a blender until smooth. Pour into a tall glass and garnish as you like.
Mix yourself an ice-cold jug of this traditional Spanish sangria recipe, a perfect cocktail for hot summer days. Sangria is typically made into a big batch as you use a bottle of wine, so this is perfect for sharing at a BBQ.
- 1/2 medium apple (cored, skin on, chopped into small pieces)
- 1/2 medium orange (rind on, sliced into small pieces, large seeds removed)
- 3-4 tbsp organic brown sugar
- 180ml orange juice (plus more to taste)
- 180ml brandy (plus more to taste)
- 750 ml bottle dry red wine
- In a large pitcher, mix together wine, orange juice, brandy, and sugar then stir in oranges, apples, blueberries, and strawberries.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve, preferably 2 hours.
This slushy cocktail is best made when strawberries are in season and at their ripest. With just four ingredients you can whip up this summery, icey drink in minutes. The taste of fresh strawberries really turns this into a refreshing cocktail, with that added kick of rum to enhance the flavour.
- 500g strawberries, hulled
- 200g ice
- 100ml rum
- Juice ½ lime
- Blend the strawberries then push the resulting puree through a sieve to remove some of the seeds. Tip the sieved puree into the blender again and add the ice, rum and lime juice. Blend again and divide the mixture between 2 Martini glasses.
- Thread the lime slices and strawberry halves onto the cocktail sticks and place onto the edge of the glass, serve immediately.
Get a taste of summer with our take on this classic Italian cocktail of Aperol, prosecco and soda. The Aperol Spritz is as easy to make as it is to drink, meaning it’s perfect to quickly pop inside and make without being away from the party for too long. The gorgeous coral hue also adds to the enjoyment of a summer drink outside.
- Put a couple of cubes of ice into 2 glasses and add a 50 ml measure of Aperol to each. Divide the prosecco between the glasses and then top up with soda, if you like.
Will you be mixing up any of these refreshing drinks for your summer BBQ? Stock up on all the alcohol you need from Spirit Store!